How to Create a Solstice Ritual
A year ago
On the December 21st Solstice, we'll experience a subtle shift in the balance between dark and light.
Solstice literally means “sun stands still.” The best way to spend this hol-i-day is to find stillness yourself. Take a sacred pause to focus inward.
Schedule time to honor the delicate balance of light and dark within, experience your wholeness, and tune into your unique gifts and highest purpose.
To hold a Solstice Ceremony, we recommend selecting 3 or more of the following practices and combining them into a beautiful ritual for your evening:
- Keep the lights off and light candles instead
- Cleanse your sacred space with incense, palo santo, or burning bundle
- Take a mineral bath
- Listen to soul-soothing music
- Set up a crystal grid
- Write in your journal
- Take a yoga class or practice at home (Yoga Nidra is perfect for deep relaxation!)
- Enjoy a cup of tea and a nourishing meal
- Gather with your spiritual community
- Meditate (Use your favorite technique or enjoy this potent light scanning meditation from Danielle Laporte)
- Go for a nighttime walk
- Take deep breaths in nature
- Pull tarot cards or work with another divination tool.
- Conduct a nighttime ritual for lucid dreaming
- Sleep under the stars
We’ve packed our December Winter Solstice Box with supplies to help you deepen your connection to the seasons and create your own ritual routine.
Use them as an anchor to align with each lunar phase as well as for wisdom and guidance on your deepest questions.
To connect with the seasons and other powerful practices, subscribe to our monthly Goddess Provisions box.