How to Make a Crystal Grid
2 years ago
Placing crystals in a sacred geometrical pattern helps to activate and enhance their energies. Plus creating a grid one is a wonderfully meditative practice on it's own.
Here are step-by-step instructions for creating your own crystal grid:
1. Find Your Space
- Find a space for your crystal grid. If possible, pick a place where your grid can live for a few weeks.
- If you have one, lay out a crystal grid. Here's what a crystal grid might look like.
An altar cloth, like the one pictured above makes the perfect foundation for your crystal grid! If you don't have a crystal grid or altar cloth that's totally ok. A blank canvas is fun to work with too!
2. Clear the Energy
- Cleanse your sacred space with a smudge stick, singing bowls or by chanting OM three times.
- Set a meditative mood with candles, music, incense, or whatever your heart desires.
3. Set Your Intention
- Write your intention or the name of someone you want to send healing energy to on a piece of paper. Fold the paper into a small square and place in the center of the grid.
- Hold your crystals in your palm. Tune into their energy and ask them to help charge your intention.
4. Create Your Grid
- Start by placing the largest crystal, or the crystal you feel has the right energy, over the piece of paper in the middle of your grid. The centerpiece should carry a strong resonant energy to help ground your intention. **If you're working with the chakras, the stones in our Chakra Crystal Set would make great center pieces for your grid.**
- Fill in the rest of the grid as you please. Listen to the stones and listen to your intuition. You’ll know where they want to go.
5. Charge Your Grid
- When your crystals are placed, charge your grid by gliding your hand (or a crystal point) clockwise over each stone to unify their distinct energies in support of the realization of your intention.
- To come out of the practice, visualize your intention coming true and give thanks to your crystals.
Keep your crystal grid around for as long as necessary to remind yourself of your intention and give it energy. We typically keep our grids until the manifestation has come to fruition.
If you're looking to grow your crystal collection, we include a crystal in each monthly Goddess Provisions .