How to Gua Sha
2 weeks ago
Benefits of a gua sha facial:
- Increases circulation
- Relaxes facial muscles
- Reduces fine lines, dark circles & puffiness
- Stimulates collagen & improves elasticity
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
While gua sha tools come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and stones, we've selected this cutie because it works beautifully with facial contours and the qualities of Rose Quartz support feelings of self-love and contentment.
How to Gua Sha
1. Connect to the energy of your crystal and familiarize yourself with the various curves and functions of your Rose Quartz Gua Sha.
2. Cleanse your face and apply your favorite moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
3. Gently massage a few drops of your favorite facial oil onto your face. A good facial oil will help seal in the moisture and create a slick surface for your gua sha to move across.
4. Begin by warming the gua sha between your hands. Then use the rounded edge at the base of your neck and shoulders and make long slow strokes up to the base of your chin.
Pro Tip: Hold the tool flat to your skin (instead of digging in with the edge) and use light to medium pressure.
5. Give yourself about 5 strokes of focused attention in one area before moving on.
6. Massage your jaw line with the notched edge, sweeping from the the center of your chin up towards your ear.
7. Use the long, flat edge of the gua sha to move across your cheeks, starting at your nose and angling up toward your ears. Spend some time getting those jaw muscles beneath your cheek bones.
8. For the delicate skin under the eyes, use the long rounded point with feather light pressure to massage from the inner-most corner of your eyes out and up towards your temples.
9. The notched edge can be used to massage around the eyebrows. Drag from the inside edge of each eyebrow out to the temples.
10. Use the rounded edge on the forehead, gently sweeping from right below the eyebrow up into the hairline.
11. Give yourself a moment to take in the shift this practice created in your skin, facial muscles, and mood.
Watch How it's Done
To receive goodies like this Rose Quartz Gua Sha, subscribe to our monthly Goddess Provisions Box.