A Beginner's Guide to Oracle Cards
2 months ago
Sometimes with spiritual tools it’s common to doubt that we are using them “the right way,” but there is no right or wrong way to use oracle cards! Following your intuition is the name of the game.
That said, here is a simple and effective way to use oracle cards, one of our favorite divination tools:
- Take a few deep breaths.
- Shuffle the cards.
- Close your eyes.
- Hold the cards to your heart center in between your palms and ask a question, out loud or within. (Open ended questions like “what am I supposed to know right now?” or “what message does Spirit have for me today?” are a wonderful way to invite messages in.)
- Lay the cards face down in a stack.
- Cut the deck.
- Draw a card.
- Who or what appears? This card has a message for you; it’s up to you to discern its meaning.
- Use your intuition. Listen to the answers that come. Trust them.
- Use the description included with the deck to deepen your understanding of the card's message for you.
May your Spirit Guides and messages show up for you in powerful and potent ways as you create and deepen your relationship with your oracle cards. The universe is waiting to assist us in our earthly endeavors; guidance, support and help are simply a shuffle of the deck away!