Celebrating Ostara & the Coming of Spring
A year ago
In this post, we’ll share the gentle beauty of the Pagan Sabbat Ostara and how to welcome the Spring season by honoring the symbolism of this time on the wheel of the year. This is a powerful time to ground yourself with the earth, celebrate the release of the winter, and recognize that the inner work you’ve been doing is beginning to manifest in your physical life.
During Ostara, we can honor themes of creativity, new beginnings, renewal, and fertility. Historically, Ostara is named after Eostre, the Germanic Goddess of Dawn. The Goddess Eostre also inspired the naming of Easter and the hormone Estrogen, both of which represent rebirth and fertility.
- Colors: Green, Pink, Blue, Yellow
- Herbs, Flowers, and Trees: Thyme, Lemon Balm, Mint, Jasmine, Snowdrops, Daffodils, Tulips, Lily, Crocus, Birch, Alder, Willow, Ash
- Crystals: Calcite, Jasper, Lapis Lazuli, Fluorite, Aquamarine, Rose Quartz, Sapphire, Rhodochrosite, Citrine, Amber
- Symbols: Plants, spring flowers, eggs, hares and rabbits, candles
- Traditions: Earth magic, gardening, candle magic, egg magic, giving birth to new ideas and projects, new beginnings
The Ostara Full Moon
As the earth begins to bloom and fertility and life are returned to our lands, the full moon illuminates our own manifestations that are also coming to fruition. All of the inner work we did during the darker months of winter is starting to reveal itself within our physical realities just as the earth is starting to bloom again.
The purifying characteristic of this Full Moon paired with the symbolism of Ostara is offering us a powerful reminder to ground ourselves. Grounding ourselves during this time can prepare us to integrate our manifestations that are beginning to blossom. Here are five ways to ground yourself during the Ostara Full Moon season:
- Forest Bathing: Spend quality time with trees and connect with their wisdom and strength.
- Earthing: Walk barefoot on the earth, garden with your bare hands, or do an earthing visualization.
- Earth Magic: Work with the earth spirits to support your growing manifestations.
- Connect with your Indoor Plants: Develop a relationship with your house plants and connect with their energy.
- Find Stillness: Detach from electronics, sit with yourself, meditate, and connect with your physical body.
To connect with more seasonal magic, subscribe to our monthly Goddess Provisions Box.
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and share your favorite ways to celebrate Ostara!